This Full Moon is about emotional declarations. Something has been building inside of us, likely of an intimate nature, and now is the time when the energy of the cosmos fairly demands that we let it out. Over the next two weeks, we will discover what this declaration means for us. For now, we can’t sit on our feelings. We need to express them. The Full Moon illuminates this conflict between collecting and sharing.
With the Moon full and bright in the sky, symbolic “illumination” occurs in our own lives. However, these new feelings and revelations are emotional ones, as emotions burst forth into our consciousness. It’s time to express ourselves, and to let things out of our systems. Of course, we might want to exercise some care while doing so, knowing that what is coming out of us is new and not particularly rational as yet. Full Moons are about exposing or illuminating issues that are already there, but that have not yet been dealt with.
With the celebration of Beltane just a few days ago, this is a perfect time to celebrate and do rituals and meditations for fertility, the celebration of nature and animals, and love. With the seasons changing, and new life and growth beginning to bloom forth, we welcome abundance and new growth into our world. Bring this celebration into your rituals and meditations in the next two weeks.
Be aware of the emotions and situations that will come forth during this time. Full moon cleansing and releasing makes room for healing and letting go of issues that are standing in your way. Removing these blocks makes room for the new and wonderful things to come into your life and being.
Full Moon Release Ritual
Items you’ll need: Candles,paper,matches,a pen,crystals and items for inspiration
- 1. Create your sacred space by gathering items that symbolize your intent for this ritual. Begin by smudging, grounding and centring yourself, and clearing your mind of outside chatter.
- 2. Invoke the four corners and invite your guides and angels into your circle.
- 3. Set your intention for your ritual. I usually use the intent of my highest and greatest good.
- 4. Write down on your paper all the things you want to release. Be honest.
- 5. Light your candle and as the flame burns focus on the things your are releasing.
- 6. When you are done releasing your emotions or your meditation, fill up that space with positive energy, golden and bright. Send this energy to all those you love and who have touched your life.
- 6. When you are done, thank your guides and angels and release them from your circle. Thank and release the four corners. Open your circle and cut your grounding cord.
- 7. Give thanks for this time and reflect on the knowledge and guidance you have received during this ritual. Make goals and commitments to yourself to follow your highest path and make these changes in your life.
Allow the candle to keep burning in the bowl as a symbol of the letting go process. The flame is a purifier, and symbolizes the sparks of inspiration as well. If you blow out your candle, relighting it throughout the week will remind you of your commitment. Place inspiring pictures, crystals, and symbols around it that remind you of who you’re becoming. Love yourself and give yourself thanks for being on your spiritual path.